The Department of Biochemistry of DCIMC was established in 2012. It is involved in teaching undergraduate students. The department is enriched by the following faculty members – 1 Professor, 1 Associate Professor, 2 Assistant Professor, 5 Lecturers and 1 laboratory technologist. Besides teaching, the faculty is encouraged to do research and publish scientific papers. In 2015-16, the faculty contributed 06 publications in national journals.
- Teaching undergraduate students.
- Biochemical analysis of routine and special tests in a highly equipped Biochemistry laboratory for educational purposes.
- Four 30 capacity well equipped tutorial classrooms.
- One30 capacity well equipped Laboratory.
Read more about the Department of Biochemistry:
- The Biochemistry department is involved in Undergraduate teaching for medical students.
- The department also conducts regular CMEs for its undergraduate students and faculty.
- The Department of Biochemistry is run by a group of experienced and talented doctors and faculty who provide excellent undergraduate Biochemistry & Molecular Biology teaching facilities.
- The laboratory is committed to maintaining the highest quality of performance using the latest technology and equipment for students. Faculty is encouraged to do research and publish scientific papers. Last year, in 2015-16, the faculty contributed a total of 06 publications in National journals. Many Biochemistry faculty members have presented issues related to laboratory investigations in various television programmes aired by local channels and also written articles in various newspapers published by the local media.
- The department has well-equipped computers with internet facility.
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students in pursuing higher education in Bangladesh and abroad.
About the Area of Study
Biochemistry is a branch of medicine that deals with the application of physical and organic chemistry along with Biochemistry in human health and disease. It is a field of applied biology and chemistry and is appropriate for students interested in the delivery of health-care services. For medical students it is imperative that they learn about the normal functioning of the body which deals with the process of converting raw materials or nutritional chemicals into more useful and valuable bio molecules such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and nucleic acids. It also deals with molecular biology, the science of genes. It is the most important diagnostic sciences which deals with Biochemical investigations in blood and body fluids and helps doctors in diagnosis and decision making. The breadth and versatility of Biochemistry provides job opportunities in many kinds of laboratories like diagnostic, industrial, hospitals, speciality laboratories and pure medical research institutes.