The Department of Forensic Medicine at DCIMC Dhaka was established in 2011.It has well equipped labs, classes and a well organized museum. It has a full-time operational staff library, a large student laboratory, and specious demonstration room with OHP and LCD projectors which can comfortably 90 students.
There are 5 medico legal experts in the department including the HOD. The department uses innovative learning method like self learning modules, integrated teaching and interactive sessions.
As there is no Mortuary block, students attend P.M. at DMC Mortuary.
- Postmortem Examination study
- Expert opinion
- Clinical Forensic Medicine study
- Attending courts
- Teaching Undergraduates 3rd year MBBS students
- Research activity
- Uses various innovative methods such as self learning modules, integrated teaching and interactive sessions
- Best class infrastructure and faculty profile
- Curriculum designed to facilitate students in pursuing higher education in Bangladesh
About the area of study
As it is a Non govt. medical college, P.M. and medico legal case examination is not allowed to perform here, only therapeutic study is performed here.