Medicine & Allied Subjects
The Department of Internal Medicine is one of the key departments among clinical specialties. The Department was started as a part of Dhaka Central International medical College in 1963. Over the years the department has evolved and has maintained pace with changing times and needs of the society. Today, besides training undergraduates in general medicine, the dept boasts of performing state of art speciality clinical work .
- One of the enriched Medicine departments in private sector in Bangladesh.
- With around 4 skilled Units (Nephrology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, critical care medicine) of different experience levels under dept of internal medicine which is one of the largest departments in DCIMC
- Every year Dept of Medicine conduct Internship program of intern doctors.
- Runs 1 ICUs
- Known to conduct regular CMEs, conferences, Morning session and under-graduate clinics which are attended by national and international faculty
- Classrooms with HD monitors and projectors serving the needs of small group teaching, besides the regular lecture halls.
About clinical activities
Medicine functions under 4 units and is one of busy departments in DCIMCH with average 150-200 out patients daily. With average daily 10 inpatients admission. Department deals with general medical problems & medical emergencies. Department is involved in teaching Undergraduate medical students (MBBS). Undergraduate teaching involves lectures, clinical classes, grand rounds, clinical seminars , case presentation & journal club. Department is actively involved in clinical research and clinical drug trial.