Physiology deals with study of functions of human body and the regulation of different systems, as well the physiological principles underlying pathogenesis and treatment of diseases.The Department of Physiology was established in 2012.
- Well –equipped labs, lecture halls and demonstration rooms
- Well qualified faculty and technical staff.
- High standard of teaching and evaluation
- Innovative methods of teaching.
- Department is 06 years old.
- Has well-equipped labs, lecture halls and demonstration rooms.
- Well-structured curriculum with standard assessment methods.
- Above 90% results for the last several years of I.MBBS university exams.
- Well-qualified faculty and technical staff
About the Area of Study
Physiology is a branch of medicine that deals with study of functions of human body and the regulation of different system. The goal of teaching Medical Physiology undergraduate students is to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the integrated functions of the organ systems which in turn helps understanding the basis of health and disease. With respect to the knowledge domain students will be equipped with the knowledge of the coordinated body function, the relative contribution of each organ system to the maintenance of the milieu interior, aspects of normal growth and development, physiological responses and adaptations to environmental conditions and the knowledge of the physiological principles underlying pathogenesis and treatment of disease. With respect to skills domain the student will be able to conduct experiments designed for study of Physiological phenomena and interpret experimental/investigative data, distinguish between normal and abnormal data derived as a result of tests which he/she has performed and observed in the laboratory.